Da Vinci and Matisse
- Hannah’s favourite meal is Macaroni Cheese and this is the recipe her Mum uses to feed the 4 people in the family. But, Hannah has said it is amazing, and she wants to make it just for herself. How much of each ingredient is she going to need.
- 80 g Butter - 20g
- 4 Tsp Standard Flour - 1Tsp
- 2 Cup Milk - ½ a cup
- 6 Tsp Cheddar Cheese, Grated - 1.5 Tsp
- 2 Tsp Teaspoons Maille Dijon original Mustard - ¼ tsp
- 200 g Bacon - 50g
- 440 g Macaroni - 110g
- A dash of black pepper for taste - ¼ of a dash
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Cook macaroni in lightly salted boiling water until just tender – about 10 minutes
- While the macaroni is cooking, heat a small amount of butter in pan
- In a separate pan, melt remaining butter and stir in flour. Cook one minute on low heat stirring constantly. While stirring, gradually add in milk until mixture is thickened.
- Add grated cheese, Maille Dijon Original mustard and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour over macaroni and stir through.
- Pour mixture into a baking dish and cook for 20 minutes, or until bubbling and golden.
- Serve with a few strips of bacon, thinly sliced and fried crisp.